Last updated on: 20/11/2023
Personal information is any information that identifies, or is capable of identifying, an individual.
Collection of Personal Information
We will collect personal information through various means, depending on how you interact with us. For example, if you:
• use our website;
• contact us through our website using an online form;
• make a product or service enquiry;
• order a product;
• send a product in for service, repair, product complaint or warranty enquiry;
• complete an application or enter into an agreement with us;
• interact with one of our representatives;
• subscribe to one of our mailing lists;
• correspond with us, including by email;
• call our Customer Service line;
• visit our premises;
• enter a promotion or competition;
• contact us via any of our social media platforms.
The type of personal information we may collect includes your: name, position description, address, email address, business type, telephone, age group, phone number, facsimile number, credit card particulars, bank details and any other personal information that we need to provide you with the products and services that you request.
We collect personal information from you for a number of reasons, including to:
• sell and deliver our products and services to you;
• respond to your questions or requests for information;
• manage warranty claims and provide after sales service;
• improve our products and services;
• assist us in forecasting future demand for our products and services;
• send you direct marketing material electronically or by post;
• analyse our website usage;
• enhance the content of our website and our social media platforms;
• keep a record of our dealings with each other;
• comply with legal obligations.
It is not mandatory to provide us with, or authorise us to collect, any personal information. However, if you do not provide us with, or authorise us to collect, personal information we request, it may affect the products and services that we can provide to you.
Credit Reporting Information
We may also collect financial information from you in order to establish and manage our business relationship.
For example, to complete an application to open an account or extend commercial credit we may ask you to provide: NZBN / NZCN numbers, business names, business structure, address and contact details, bank details, trading history and commercial trade references.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We recognise the trust you place in us when you give us personal information and so will not give personal information that you provide to us to third parties unless:
• you have authorised us to do so (including the third parties identified below);
• it is necessary for us to do so to fulfil the primary purpose(s) for which we collected your personal information;
• you would reasonably expect us to disclose it for a related purpose; or
• we are authorised or required to do so by law (including the Privacy Act 2020).
You authorise us to share your personal information with companies in our own corporate group from time to time (including in Australia, the USA and South Korea), your authorised representatives and service providers, which we use to conduct our business, functions and activities. For example, we may share your personal information with information technology service providers and insurers, where required to provide services to us.
If you contact us about orders outside New Zealand, we may refer your enquiry to our authorised international distributors to respond to your query or effect the transaction.
Where we transfer personal information outside New Zealand, we will ensure that we comply with the Privacy Act 2020.
Website data and cookies
When you visit our website, we may collect your server address, domain name and information regarding the pages which you visit and links that you click on. This information is used by us for statistical and website development purposes. Our website uses web analytics services, such as Google Analytics which uses ‘cookies’ to analyse how visitors to the website use the site.
A cookie is a piece of information that our web server may transfer to your hard drive for record-keeping purposes. The cookie is stored on your computer, and can facilitate your ongoing access to and use of our website. Information which may be collected includes your IP address, Internet Service Provider, domain name, data services provider, device ID and type as well as your usage information and online behaviour. Some cookies simply enable certain functions of the website, and others track user experiences, store your preferences, build anonymous statistical data about how our website is performing, and power the personalisation of website content to you. Cookies which are stored during your visit to our website may be read and processed by other companies (such as Facebook ad Google which are based overseas and hold such data in servers in the United States) for such purposes, including targeted advertising.
Most internet browsers and mobile devices can be set to inform you when tracking technologies are being used or sent to your device. They also provide you with the option of refusing the use of tracking technologies; however, this may negatively impact the display or function of certain areas or features of our services. You may control the cookies from this website by altering the settings of your web browser not to accept cookies at all, to accept them by request only or by deleting them when you close your browser session. For example, you can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ But you should note that use of some of the website services may be restricted and cookies may be necessary to provide you with features such as browser history.
The security of your personal information is important to us, and we take reasonable steps to:
• keep your personal information secure, including in respect of computer storage, hard copy files and other access-controlled records; and
• ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access and Correction
We rely on you to let us know if your personal information has changed. This helps us keep your personal information relevant, accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Individuals have a right to request access to, and correction of, personal information we hold about them. These rights are subject to certain exceptions allowed by law. To request access, please contact our privacy officer, whose contact details are set out below. We will need to verify your identity before meeting your request, which we may require in writing.
Queries and Complaints
The Privacy Officer
FULLY EQUIPPED LTD
2 Tasman Road, 3200, Hamilton, New Zealand
P: +64 7 850 7000
Privacy collection notice